Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Introducing new Authorteer Eliza Boyd!


We at The Authorteers are pleased to present a new Authorteer joining our ranks! Her name is Eliza Boyd, and she's a super awesome and insanely sweet person. Keep on reading to learn more about the fifth Authorteer and her awesome books!



1. Tell us about yourself.

Hi! I'm Eliza. I write women's fiction and contemporary romance, but I'm not limiting myself to just that. I enjoy telling stories and making people laugh. :) I wear many other hats besides the author one, so I'm a busy lady. When I'm not writing, I'm working, eating, exercising, snuggling my dogs, taking photos of the sunrise, or binge-watching a TV show with my husband. :)


2. Tell us about your books.

So far, I have one out, but my second one will be out soon! One Chance Night, the first book in the Make A Change stand-alone series, is about a woman who feels stuck in her marriage. She's young and not in love, but she's made her bed, so she chooses to lie in it. Until one chance night... :)

Book two is about a character you meet indirectly in One Chance Night. It's called Two Pink Lines, and yes, someone's pregnant. Hahaha. :) Book three is tentatively titled Three Years Gone, and it's about someone you'll meet indirectly in book two. That's all I'm gonna say about that. :)

3. What made you decide to become a writer?

I've always been a big reader, and my mom used to ask me if I was ever going to write my own books. I'd say, "No, I don't think so," and move on. Then I became an editor (which is my full-time job), and my mom asked me again. That time, I said, "Well, maybe when I come up with my own story to tell." Inspiration struck shortly after that, and once I quit my old full-time job, I decided to give it a go. I've fallen in love with it, but it's had its ups and downs. I don't see myself stopping though. Lots of stories are swirling around in my head, just waiting to come out. :)

4. How do you come up with your ideas? Where do you get your inspiration?

In a word: life. Mostly music though. Something about country music tickles my romantic funny bone and stories come to life in my head. Or sometimes I'm lying in bed, about to fall asleep, and a thought will jar a story idea. Other times, it's when I play the "what if?" game and flip something I've heard on its head to explore what might have happened if... That's where ideas come from for me. :)

5. What are you working on right now?

I'd love to say that I'm working on book 2 in the Make A Change series (Two Pink Lines), but I'm writing something different right now. It's about a widow with a four-year-old daughter, and the whole theme is that you can't choose who you fall in love with. So far, it's been fun to write, and I can't wait to see where the full story goes! 

6. What are some of your favorite genres, books, and authors?

I love contemporary romance--chick lit, gut-wrenching ugly cries, you name it. I love books that will make me FEEL something. Emily Giffin, Jodi Picoult, Janet Evanovich, even Nicholas Sparks. I love all of that.

I also love paranormal romance and YA stories. Karen Marie Moning, Jeaniene Frost, Rachel Vincent, and Miranda Kenneally are some of my favorites.

7. What book are you reading right now?

I've recently picked up Ginger Scott's How We Deal With Gravity, and I'd like to start Gillian Flynn's Dark Places soon. Oh! And I have Charlaine Harris's Midnight Crossroad ready to go too. So many books, so little time. :)



About Eliza
Eliza Boyd is a contemporary women's fiction and romance author. Also an avid reader, she writes novels, short stories, poetry, and whatever else strikes her fancy. Born and raised in Northern Illinois, she now lives in sunny Arizona with her husband and her plethora of animals. When she's not reading, writing, or working, she can be found walking around her neighborhood (for exercise, not for stalking), taking photos of her pets, or catching up on her favorite shows. Catching up really means binge-watching.

Feel free to contact her on any of her social media sites. She spends too much time on the Internet, so she'll probably get back to you right away.



One Chance Night
| Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |
On the surface, Chelsea Greer has it all:
A loving husband.
A nice house.
A good job.

In reality, she works hard to maintain the illusion that is her life. She's also missing the most important thing:

Love.

One night could change her life. One night could give her the strength to rediscover what's important. In one night, she could find love when she most needs it and least expects it.

All Chelsea has to do is follow her heart after One Chance Night.



Giveaway

Win a paperback copy of One Chance Night from Eliza! Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. US only. Runs from 9/1/15 - 9/6/15. Thanks and good luck!







Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment