Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Song of the Moment -- Lilly's Pick: "I Can't Stay Away" by The Veronicas


Song of the Moment is a new feature on The Authorteers where we each take turns sharing one of the songs inspiring us lately.

Lilly Avalon's latest inspiration...

"I Can't Stay Away" by The Veronicas



After stepping away from erotica to write new adult, I've been itching to get back to erotica. Don't get me wrong, I love love loved writing new adult--Unexpected was wonderful and holds a special place in my heart. There's just something about erotica...like an undeniable pull.

Anyways... I had several possibilities in mind for my next book, and three of them were poking at me, begging to be written. One was the third book in the Resist series, Forever. Another is a contemporary romance about second chances set in a small town. And the last one, an erotic romance featuring a dirty talking almost stepbrother. As much as the first two appealed, the one that won out was the stepbrother romance.

I got to work right away on names, titles, personalities, plot points, conflicts, and dialogue bits and pieces. In the midst of it all, this song somehow came to mind. I started listening to it, then looked up the lyrics and it hit me... this song is essentially the theme to the story. And the title of the song hit the nail on the head for a possible title for the book.

So, I have a little announcement--my next book is called Can't Stay Away! It's up on Goodreads already, so feel free to add it to the TBR. I broke 15,000 words the other day, and I've been hitting between 800-1000 words every day writing it for the last couple weeks. I'm aiming to release by the end of the year if all goes as planned and I keep up with my higher word counts. *fingers crossed but can't make promises yet*

Here are some of the lyrics to give you a feel for what's in store for Can't Stay Away:

I'm conflicted
I inhale now I'm addicted
To this place
To you babe
I can't stay away

~~~

What's your song of the moment? Anything in particular on repeat recently? Something inspiring your latest work-in-progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment