Monday, July 20, 2015

Song of the Moment -- Jessica's Pick


Song of the Moment is a new feature on The Authorteers where we each take turns sharing one of the songs inspiring us lately.

Jessica's latest inspiration......


"Head Over Heels" by Tears For Fears



I've always had a special love for this song. And Tears For Fears in general, but that's a story for another day. But this song... I swear, I get goosebumps every time I hear it. If it comes on the radio, I will pause and get a slow grin on my face. And if I hear it at work and I'm alone? Totally singing along. That's actually what brought this song back around into my current playlist. I started listening to the New Wave Eighties radio on Pandora while at work and periodically this song will come on, along with other songs by Tears For Fears (and several great eighties songs).

"Head Over Heels" isn't specific to any works-in-progress for me. It just hit me recently how much it feels like a perfect song to put on a "writing" playlist for background music. I don't always listen to specific songs while I write, but there are some I love to listen to while writing. There's something about it that strikes me--the lyrics, the story in the lyrics, the high falsettos, the piano... it all creates this lovely atmosphere I could climb into and get in the zone.

Favorite lines from the song...

"You keep your distance with a system of touch
And gentle persuasion
I'm lost in admiration, could I need you this much"

~*~

What's your song of the moment? Anything in particular on repeat recently? Something inspiring your latest work-in-progress?


No comments:

Post a Comment