Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Guest Post: Patricia Josephine on Divine Inspiration


Please welcome Patricia Josephine back to The Authorteers! She visited us in April after the release of the the first book in her Path of Angels series, Michael, and she's here now to share another post for the release of the fourth and final book in the series, Gabriel. Authorteer Marie had the pleasure of beta reading all four books in the series, and she highly recommends them, especially if you enjoy books with diverse characters! You can read more about the Path of Angels series on Patricia's blog here.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Divine Inspiration by Patricia Josephine

When I wrote Path of Angels, I did it all in one go. One part after the other. The story came easy and I only had a few scenes that were completely rewritten or deleted. But the thing is, I can’t remember the inspiration. I wrote it back in 2011, but I can’t say time has worn my memory because I can recall the inspiration behind every other story idea I’ve written.


Being Human was inspired by the book Thirsty’s dark ending.

Snapshots was a scene that didn’t even make it into the story.

My alien abduction story was a “What if aliens kidnapped people and turned them into aliens vampires and werewolves? Wouldn’t that be an awesome twist on the myths?” idea.

My very first story idea was from a dream (this one will never see the light of day. So many plot holes. It may as well be cheese!).

It’s annoying I can’t remember. I’m curious as to what got the cogs moving in my brain. The muse is of no help. She just grins and shrugs. I imagine she’s plotting her next slew of ideas to pile on me while I’m in the shower. She often ambushes me there and I have yet to acquire Aqua Notes. Bedtime is her next favorite time. She’s especially apt at getting me when I’m feeling too lazy to write it down. Doesn’t she know by now I won’t remember in the morning? Have mercy! Then again, she’s a bit evil. I imagine her sneaking up behind me like a ninja and just whacking me on the head.

BAM! Story idea! Get writing.

I suppose I could get cheesy and say it was divine inspiration. The book is full of angels. My four bird boys (as Zephyr likes to call them) were whispering in my ear and I had no choice but to listen. Although, I can only take so much of Joe’s joking. One day, I’m going to let Gabriel tape his mouth shut, tie him up and throw him in a closet. Nothing Michael or Zade say will stop it. 

{Add to GoodReads ~ Buy on Amazon}
The end is in sight.

To stop Uriel from freeing Lucifer, Gabriel and his brothers must fall and go to Hell. It is a sacrifice Gabriel is not entirely ready to make. Will he fight alongside his brothers or forge his own path? There is only one choice.

Alexander doesn’t want to help Uriel nor does he trust him, but the angel has promised him a better life. He swore to protect Charlie, and he’ll do whatever it takes. When he meets the archangels and learns the depth of Uriel’s lies, he understands the true meaning of sacrifice. If there’s any hope of stopping Lucifer from being freed, Alexander, Charlie, Zephyr and Lake will have to get to Hell and help Gabriel and his brothers in the fight against Uriel.
The path is finally ending, but the price may be too high.
 photo PatriciaLynneAuthorwithbook.jpg
Patricia Josephine never set out to become a writer. In fact, she never considered it an option during high school and college. She was all about art. On a whim, she wrote down a story bouncing in her head. That was the start of it and she hasn't regretted a moment. She writes young adult under the name Patricia Lynne. 

Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will resemble a small petting zoo, has a fondness for dying her hair the colors of the rainbow, and an obsession with Doctor Who. 

Follow Patricia on Twitter | Goodreads | Google+ | Website | Wattpad
Thanks for sharing, Patricia! Happy release week to Path of Angels: Gabriel, and congratulations on an amazing series!
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: