Monday, June 8, 2015

Song of the Moment ~ Marie's Pick: "Song for Someone" by U2

Song of the Moment is a new feature on The Authorteers where we each take turns sharing one of the songs inspiring us lately.


Marie Landry's latest inspiration...

"Song for Someone" by U2



If you know me at all, you'll know U2 is my favourite band, and has been for many years. Their music is the soundtrack to my life, and features prominently on all my books' playlists. There's a song on almost every U2 album that makes me really emotional, and "Song for Someone" is that song from their latest album, Songs of Innocence. It's just so beautiful, I can't help but tear up when I hear it. And while it's not featured on the playlist of my current book, Something in the Air, I want to write a book inspired by this song, and every time I hear it, my mental gears start turning.  

My two favourite lines, the ones inspiring future stories:

You've got a face not spoiled by beauty
I have some scars from where I've been
You've got eyes that can see right through me
You're not afraid of anything they've seen
  
~and~

You let me into a conversation
A conversation only we could make
You're breaking into my imagination
Whatever's in there is yours to take

Don't those lines evoke powerful mental images? And when you actually listen to the song, Edge's masterful guitar playing just adds that extra special something that hits me right in the feels. 


What's your song of the moment? Any songs or even albums on repeat lately? Is something inspiring your recent creative endeavors? 
 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment