Friday, May 15, 2015

An interview with author Eliza Boyd


Please welcome Eliza Boyd to The Authorteers! She's here to tell us about her books and what else she has in store.


The Interview:


1. Describe your latest book in the length of a tweet or less.

Chelsea is in a bad marriage and she needs to find herself in order to make a positive change in her life. And hot Brett helps. :)


2. Which authors have most influenced your writing?

I'm not sure if I'd call it "influenced," but I've really enjoyed reading KA Tucker's work. She has the ability to tell complex, gripping stories, and I love it! And Molli Moran's novels gave me hope for my kind of story to come out. :)


3. What is/are your favorite quote(s) from your book?

4. How long does it take you to write a book?

I don't really have a pattern at this point. I wrote most of One Chance Night in October 2014 and most of Two Pink Lines (book 2) in November 2014, but I didn't finish TPL until February. It really depends on how much time I have for writing, how inspired I am, etc. I'm also very picky about the words I use, so I don't have big writing days. But I love to write, so I make time for it as much as I can!


5. Where does your inspiration come from?

In a word: everything. Music is a big inspiration. I can hear a song and see a whole story play out in my head. Sometimes, I'll hear a word and write a quick note or even a poem about it. I go for walks every day, and while I'm outside, I brainstorm and let my characters tell me their stories. I always hope that I remember everything by the time I get back. Haha! But I do a lot of "what if" thinking too. I'll see something and wonder what would happen if... :)


6. What is your absolute favorite part of being a writer?

Oh my. One thing? I love creating. Whether it's the story or a character, I love having the words come out of my fingers as I type. I don't ever feel like they come from me, exactly. It's like an otherworldly experience, but it's all from my effort, so I dig it!


7. What are you working on right now?

Right now, I'm working on a couple of things. Book three in the Make A Change series (called Three Years Gone). It should be the final one, but I never say never. :) I'm also working on something like a romantic suspense with a story that's screaming at me. And I also started writing another romance book with some heat. I'm just having fun! <3


Thank you for sharing, Eliza!


About the Author

Eliza Boyd is a contemporary women's fiction and romance author. Also an avid reader, she writes novels, short stories, poetry, and whatever else strikes her fancy. Born and raised in Northern Illinois, she now lives in sunny Arizona with her husband and her plethora of animals. When she's not reading, writing, or working, she can be found walking around her neighborhood (for exercise, not for stalking), taking photos of her pets, or catching up on her favorite shows. Catching up really means binge-watching.

Feel free to contact her on any of her social media sites. She spends too much time on the Internet, so she'll probably get back to you right away.


Eliza's latest release is One Chance Night:
On the surface, Chelsea Greer has it all:
A loving husband.
A nice house.
A good job.

In reality, she works hard to maintain the illusion that is her life. She's also missing the most important thing:

Love.

One night could change her life. One night could give her the strength to rediscover what's important. In one night, she could find love when she most needs it and least expects it.

All Chelsea has to do is follow her heart after One Chance Night.
Buy on:
| Amazon | Barnes & Noble |

1 comment: