Monday, April 27, 2015

The Authorteers Most Anticipated Spring & Summer Reads

There are a ton of fantastic books coming out this spring and summer - YA, NA, adult, contemporary, historic, sweet, swoony, diverse, thrilling, mysterious, wanderlust-inducing. It's going to be a great spring and summer for readers! We thought it would be fun to share the books we're most looking forward to over the next few months, and we hope you'll share some of your most anticipated books so we can look forward to them with you. ;-)

Molli

Under the Lights by Dahlia Adler (YA). I loved Dahlia's Behind the Scenes, and I cannot wait for this female/female companion novel! Woot for diverse YA. Plus have you seen that cute cover?

More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (YA). YA Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, with a gay protag? Hell yeah! I adore Adam and the premise for his book, so I am ALL over this one.

Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca (YA). THAT COVER. The synopsis. Gina is such a sweetie. I'm in serious lust for this book and must have it now now now. Or y'know, as soon as it comes out.

Bonus: Black Iris by Leah Raeder (NA). I loved Leah's debut, Unteachable, so I couldn't not mention Black Iris. That metaphorical cover, the synopsis, the romance (m/f AND f/f, how lucky can I get???). Leah is totes who I wanna be when I grow up, so I had to give BI a nod.


Marie

Lion Heart by AC Gaughen (YA Historic)
The third and final book in the Scarlet trilogy. I've always been obsessed with Robin Hood, and these books - a retelling of sorts from the perspective of 'Will Scarlet', who's actually a girl - are just brilliant. Rich in detail, swoonworthy, action-packed, and heart- and gut-wrenching. I'm equal parts excited and sad to finally get to read the final book.

Last First Kiss by Lia Riley (Contemporary Adult Romance)
I adore Lia, and her Off the Map series is incredible. So incredible, in fact, that I'll read anything Lia writes, in any genre, for any age group. I was excited to find out she was writing an adult contemp series, and LFK sounds great.

Every Word by Ellie Marney (Contemporary YA/mystery)
I read and loved Every Breath (modern day Sherlock Holmes retelling where Watson is a girl and the story is set in Australia? Oh hells yeah!) a few months ago and I was half-tempted to hop on a plane to Australia, where the other two books in the series have already been released, because they won't be released here for awhile. *sigh* I can't wait to carry on with this series.


Lilly

Tryst (Sexual Education #2) by S.L. Jennings (Erotica):
The first book in the Sexual Education series, Taint, was insanely captivating and sexy. I didn't anticipate there being a second book in the series, but when I discovered there will be one, you better believe I freaked out and made instant grabby hands. I have a feeling I'm going to be fanning myself often while reading it.

All Wound Up (Play by Play #10) by Jaci Burton (Contemporary Romance):
This series is amazing. Sexy men playing sports with a side of sizzling hot romance? Um, yes, please. Even though I haven't quite gotten caught up on the rest of the books, I'm still excited to see book number ten is coming soon.

Call on Me (Loving on the Edge #7) by Roni Loren (Erotica):
The Loving on the Edge series is supremely sensual and extraordinarily intense. Roni Loren is simply an awesome writer who gives us just the right amount of dirty (and sometimes forbidden or taboo love). I'm always in the mood for that.


Jessica

Focus on Me (In Focus #2) by Megan Erickson (NA Romance): After reading--and absolutely LOVING--Trust the Focus, reading the rest of the series has skyrocketed to the top of my reading list. With such realistic characters and stories, what's not to love about Megan Erickson's books?

Blurred Lines by Lauren Layne (NA Romance): Lauren Layne has become a favorite of mine, so whenever there's a new book or series, I'm on it. And with a tagline like "Can a guy and a girl really be “just friends”?", how can you go wrong?

The Marriage Contract (The O'Malleys #1) by Katee Robert (Contemporary Romance): I'm a huge Katee Robert fan--I don't think I've picked up a book penned by her that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. I love the idea of this new series--it sounds extremely sexy and suspenseful.


What are some of your most anticipated reads for this spring and summer?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment