Thursday, March 19, 2015

Character Playlist: Jonah Walker from As You Turn Away


If you know me, it's no secret that I love music. I love music A LOT. So much so that when Jessica, Marie, Lilly and I were tossing around ideas for posts, and the topic of a playlist came up, I pretty much went all ME ME ME at the chance.

I always create a playlist for each of my projects. It's the first thing I do to get to know the characters. I go through my iTunes and Spotify, and the songs I stop on get added; throughout the WIP, I'll remove some songs, or add some. They're background noise to help me concentrate, and sometimes they get me through emotional scenes.

Today I'm sharing with y'all Jonah's playlist. Some of these are songs actually on his playlist, but some are just ones I could see him listening to. Haven't met Jonah Walker yet?

I hope you guys enjoy the playlist!
This one is all about redemption, and that's definitely something on Jonah's mind in As You Turn Away.


Just a fun song about a "country boy lookin' big city," trying to keep his cool around his girl and not doing so well. HEH.

All about trying to make a love last, and struggling with it, I couldn't resist putting this one on the As You Turn Away playlist.

I loved this song from the moment I heard it, and sometimes when I listen to it, I can imagine Jonah singing it to Quinn. It's SO sweet. 

They can't ALL be heavy songs! I can totally see this coming on the radio on one of Jonah's drives from the city back to Quinn, and him rocking out to it. 

"Everything will be alright, if I can kiss you tonight." It just speaks to them struggling a little bit with being apart, and wanting to see and hold each other, but knowing they will make it through.

Uh, welp, this one is pretty sexy and definitely will probably end up on the sequel playlist for some sexytimes because... "I wanna crawl through the dark just to feel your heart beat against me."

A song for Jonah, his brothers, and Darren! "Blood brothers, closer than your next of kin, thick as thieves and the best of friends."
 Something I could see Jonah listening to when he and Quinn were apart after high school.

One of THE sexiest country songs ever. Y'all gotta listen to this one. "I softly kiss your neck and slowly whisper. You breathe in 'cause it feels cold where my lips were."


What did you think of the playlist? Do you know and like any of these songs? If not, will you give them a listen? Would you like to see more posts like this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment