Thursday, February 12, 2015

Authorteer Interview #3: Lilly Avalon


Hello my lovelies! It's Lilly Avalon and I'm here to answer some questions and share my books. <3 Don't forget to check out Molli and Marie's posts from the last two days, and stick around for Jessica's tomorrow.
~*~
  
1. Tell us about yourself.

I'm a twenty-something living in the moment. Even though I spend far too much time reading and writing, you're bound to find me out dancing at least once a week. If I had more time and money, I would solo travel everywhere and settle down in a big city like Las Vegas or Chicago. I tend to fall in love with the men I write about, especially Devlin Pierce. Hands off, ladies! Um... I also like sunsets, long walks on the beach, piña coladas, and getting caught in the rain.

2. Tell us about your books.

I've written four so far--one is a short story, two are novellas, and one is a novel. Here All Along, the short story, was my debut. After that I wrote Resist and More Than Words, my two novellas. I recently published Longing, the full-length sequel to Resist. They're all romantic erotica, full of sexual tension and more (bow chicka wow wow), but they all have a sweet side to them. Even though I love me some alpha males, my boys aren't like the usual men you find in these stories. They do have alpha tendencies, but they're not assholes like a lot of alpha males tend to be.

3. What made you decide to become a writer?

It was something I had to be, you know? I've spent years writing, but it took courage on my part to dive into the genre I'm writing now. It's one thing to read erotica, it's another thing to write it. Turns out, I've managed to not only have a handle on it, but I even make it my own. It's natural, like I'm meant to write these stories. I love that feeling.

4. How do you come up with your ideas? Where do you get your inspiration?

Ha! Well, from anything, everything, and completely out of nowhere. I'll be imagining a real life scenario and then my mind goes off into crazy town and pretty soon I'm lost in a fictional world in my head. It's actually one of my worst faults because these ideas keep developing and I can't keep track of them all. Just the other day I found notes from two stories I had forgotten about. It's never ending...

5. What are you working on right now?

Three things, actually, even though I'm trying to focus on one. The main WIP is a new adult novel titled Unexpected. It's about a girl who has a horrible day and ends up befriending her ex-best friend's ex-boyfriend (say that three times fast). I'm really excited about this one. I started writing it before Resist, but had trouble with some of the details. It's coming along very well now. The second one is untitled still. It's about a girl who loses her fiancé, then gets casually involved with a new guy. You know, love after loss and heartache while finding joy in life again. The third one is a short story--I'm hoping to have several of them written to compile into one ebook by the end of the year.

6. What are some of your favorite genres, books, and authors?

Romance in general--you'll rarely find me reading anything without a strong romantic element. Mostly contemporary romances, but occasionally historical. Considering my own writing, plenty of erotica and stories involving sexytimes (sometimes new adult). I loved Melt Into You and Forever Starts Tonight by Roni Loren. Some favorite authors include Lisa Kleypas, Roni Loren, Laura Kaye, Tessa Bailey, Kira Sinclair, and Tawny Weber.

7. What book are you reading right now?

I've been reading Need You Tonight by Roni Loren and Undercover by Lauren Dane. Both are pretty intriguing, and I love the writing style.





My books:


Here All Along (Here All Along #1)
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Smashwords |

More Than Words (More Than Words #1)
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo |


Resist (Resist #1)
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo |
 
Longing (Resist #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment