Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Authorteer Interview #1 - Molli Moran




Hi lovelies, Molli here. I'm taking over the blog today to tell y'all a bit about me and my books. Stick around for the next few days, because my fellow Authorteers Marie, Lilly, and Jessica will be posting their own interviews.

1. Tell us about yourself.

I'm a 29 year-old Southern girl from Tennessee, but my dreams have taken me across the United States and back. I've been here and there, and hope to eventually be able to say I've lived in a few different places. Usually I'm: writing, reading, blogging, or daydreaming. During the day, I work in retail, but in my spare time I'm obsessively on Twitter, spending time with friends or with my girlfriend, or having silly dance parties in my kitchen. Things that will always make me happy include, but aren't limited to: coffee, my favorite TV shows, and good music.

2. Tell us about your books. 

My debut, AS YOU TURN AWAY, is the first in my The Walker Boys series, and it's a second-chance romance, following Quinn Reynolds and Jonah Walker, two former high school sweethearts. Quinn has come home reluctantly, while Jonah wants to mend the wounds he caused when he left.

My sophomore release, ONE SONG AWAY, is a standalone, featuring Sophie-Claire Wright and Jake Cooper, two old friends who try to successfully pull off a "pretend relationship" while hiding the fact that they both feel more than friendship. Sophie is unlucky in love and in her songwriting career, but her new relationship with Jake could be the break she's been needing.

They are both New Adult in category, with an emphasis on family, friendship, and character growth. I write character-driven swoony novels with plenty of kissing but not so much on the steam.

3. What made you decide to become a writer?

I love finding different ways to answer this question. I guess I would say I always WAS a writer, but reading LITTLE WOMEN made me realize I wanted to be an author. I wanted to write stories that would touch people, maybe reach someone who needed to smile, to cry, to be healed, or just to have a good time losing themselves in my story.

In 2012, I lost my job, and in the 8 months I was out of work, I wrote AS YOU TURN AWAY to see if I could write a book, instead of the fics and short stories I'd written before. As it turned out, I could.

4. How do you come up with your ideas? Where do you get your inspiration?

Honestly, from everywhere. From real life events, or from old ideas I had. Sometimes I'll see a trope in a book and decide I want to use it, but twist it up. Sometimes a song will give me an idea. Taylor Swift's "Treacherous" and Lady Antebellum's "As You Turn Away" (yes, you can see where this is going) actually inspired AS YOU TURN AWAY. (I promise there's a reason for the title that has nothing to do with the song.)

5. What are you working on right now?

I have a busy year ahead of me. Right now I'm working on AS WE FALL TOGETHER, the sequel novella to AS YOU TURN AWAY. After that, I'll spend the spring drafting AS YOU BREATHE AGAIN, the second full-length Walker Boys book.

6. What are some of your favorite genres, books, and authors?

I'll read anything, really, except whodunit mysteries. I love Young Adult and New Adult, and the occasional Adult contemporary romance. My favorite authors include, but are not limited to (haha I'd have to work on the full list for...awhile): Megan Erickson, Tahereh Mafi, Richelle Mead, Robin Benway, Emily Murdoch, Cora Carmack, Jennifer L Armentrout, Patrick Rothfuss, and Tamara Ireland Stone. Oh, and Marie Landry, Lilly Avalon, and Jessica Sankiewicz. ;) ;) Find

7. What book are you reading right now?

Katie Finn's REVENGE, ICE CREAM, AND OTHER THINGS BEST SERVED COLD. <3



Molli is a Southern author who doesn't consider her day complete if she hasn't written. She loves coffee and talking fast, things she attributes to being raised by Gilmore Girls. She's a romantic at heart, and brings that to her books, which are usually about quirky characters chasing after their happily ever after. Although content when reading, she can often be found watching and flailing over Doctor Who, cuddling her various pets, or spending time with friends, family, or her girlfriend. Molli loves Oxford commas, country music, Stefan Salvatore, and scarves. 

If you need to reach her for any reason - especially if you want to talk books, or theorize about Doctor Who, you can send her an email or tweet her.

Find me: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Email | Pinterest | Goodreads



My Books

Add to TBR
Add to TBR

1 comment: